Sunday, April 21, 2013

B-fit

I remember the day clearly...It was the 14th of February..People in general were celebrating Valentine's day.... but i had other celebrations of my own...... that was the day my parents were to fly for umrah..it was also the day when i started my quest for fitness (AGAın!)..

I felt this time it would be different... i vowed that this time it would be different (insyaAllah)... before i registered at b-fit...i was weighing down the options between once a week of swimming at okyanus sports centre or 6 days of constant workout the B-fit system...as much as i love swimming...the latter sounded much more logical...logistically and healthwise... 6 times a week would mean a consistency of torture to the body i had neglected for so long....was i up to it? i personally doubted it...

I was right.. pure torture was what my body had endured... ..my legs most affected...i could barely walk properly for a month.... but i knew perseverence would eventually paid off.... and it did... the beginning of the second month  saw me no longer limping ....

The b-fit system is simple really... 10 equipments... one equipment alternating with one workout...3 rounds which equals to 30 minutes of working out each parts of the body.. of course a trainer is always there to show different workouts to be done after each equipment workout... and then.. 5 to 10 minutes of cooling down activities in  another room....not very difficult actually..simple but affective...

But being the overly dedicated person to the cause i vowed.... i normally spend another 30 minutes  in the cooling down exercise room.... doing different styles of sit ups a day... around 400 sit ups... plus other workouts... concentrating more on the tummy section...and trust me... they hurt totally the first month...

I only lost 0.2 kg the first month.... but my body was showing signs of fitness as fat turned into muscles.. and the body  get used to the pressure of sit ups  and workouts everyday......Alone... it would have been difficult....how do you motivate yourself to exercise that much everyday on your own??? I know i couldnt....that was why the novelty of walking in the park for one hour and a half which i used to do and worked wore off after a year.... This time...i have emotional support one way or another....

It is wonderful to be able to greet and chat with yıldız abla and emine abla every mornings from mondays to wednesdays and saturdays.... It is also wonderful to meet new people on thursdays and fridays when i could not come in the mornings due to my arabic classes...most of them are much older than i.. most of them very friendly and so sweet... that their chats and encouragements seem to light up the   heart.. no matter how terrible the days might be... the trainers are also there to show support... i realize that what may sustain me here is not only the vow i made to myself... but also the people who came there...who have the common goal as i... that is to be fit....

In 2 months time.... i have lost 2kg...the fat in my body burned 2.1kg..the water level however increased by 2.1....my muscles also increased by 1.2...

physically....in centimetres (cm).. my breasts got smaller by 5cm.....my waist got smaller by 11cm.. my tummy flattened by 12cm...my totally big butt is also 7cm less..my thighs now less 3 and 4 cm...

The number of decrease is not much for the total work i had put into....but then..i do not starve myself... i still enjoy my food....i do not live like a goat and attack salads as the main menu...

My aim is not fast weight lost.. my aim is to be fit and yet still enjoy my food...my body is starting to have shape.... i no longer bloat like a 6 months pregnant woman... yes,  i am an obese... Yes.. i am looking forward to being just fat... But i also know that i am the fittest i have ever been for so long...it shows coz i am no longer huffing and puffing when walking next to my beloved in the park...

It is only two months....i have a long way to go....yet, i am positive....coz i am not doing it alone this time....and when the very straightforward yıldız abla say *simah, zayiflamışsın*.. i know she means it coz she is not one to mince with words.... and she like many others at b-fit will always be there to give as much encouragement as i need.. and that makes All the difference in the world!





Thank You for hopping by. Hope to see you again soon... :0)